Monday, June 09, 2008

Getachew Mekuria & The Ex 080608

I've been really busy of late so the order of the events I've attended and the reports on here are not matching up in the way I'd like them to, but that's no problem as there are probably no readers anyway.

So, I've been to a traditional Czech wedding (congratulations to Maria and Jirka) with all the dulcimer fun that entails.

There were numerous goodbye sessions. Cheerio to all the good people I've met and worked with in and around Brno.

Jean-Mi bought Sophie and I tickets to go and see Getachew Mekuria & The Ex in a new venue called 6 par 4 in Laval (between Rennes and Le Mans) and we had a great time. Non-stop dancing all the way through.

The end result was a crowd of wobbly-kneed people with huge grins on their faces.

The first video I shot was a lot more steady in comparrison to the others, which got more shakey as the evening went on and the dancing became more wild. The videos on my youtube account were all compressed with VirtualDub using the DivX codec, the audio was left in it's original mono state.


High life in Laval.


In other news I've been working on a remix for Ex-Magician (the wonderful track 'Plan Retrieval') and another more poppy remix for Soviet Kings (the indie whisper of 'wiggle'). I've just taken on another from Rudeboy Ridd'em, I can't wait to get started. Some sub bass and twitching static ahead.


The guys on the 'Feed Me Weird Things' show played one of the tracks from the BEW - Dubs EP. I missed it initially, but they put the whole session up for download. If you want to know more try visiting flirtfm, or their myspace.

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

Blogger Martina said...

There are readers !Good luck and thanks for your reports,interesting !
Brno student

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home