Friday, June 12, 2009

The Linguists

I have an interest in language. I have some experience as an English teacher and I've read and learnt a little about language acquisition. I understand how important language is in shaping our cultures and the ways in which we view the world we live in.

I came across the documentary 'The Linguists' which I want to share.

If you find this interesting you may also enjoy the books 'Language Myths' and 'Spoken Here'.

Enjoy.

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

Anonymous Dominika said...

Hey Barry!

It's me Dominika, you used to prepare me for the CAE exams in Brno, Czech Republic. I just wanted to let you know that I passed it (with the C mark, but whatever..) - about a year ago, so I wanted to thank you for being the best teacher I could ever ask for.

I'm writing you, because I just bought the movie "Pi" by Darren Aronofsky, which you recommended to me last year, so I'm just about to watch it.

I hope you're doing well.

Dominika

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Martina said...

Thanks Barry for your tips for the lovers of linguistic :-)!!!

Martina - your student of BEC

We still like to remember you and adore you as the best teacher we know :-)!!

Best wishes !

10:30 AM  
Blogger dodgystereo said...

Aw shucks, that's very kind of you guys to say so.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home